9. She gave birth to me, PepperBrooks!
8. My mom is Jamaican (brap); she immigrated to Sudbury Ontario when she was 18 years old. She went from extreme heat to deep freeze, from being in a mono-culture, to being one of the only black persons in the whole city.
7. My mom is not to be messed with, she is the nicest and funniest person in the room but if you cross her…I feel sorry for you!
6. She is the best cook, I know everyone says this about their mother, but seriously…she’s the BEST cook!
5. Ok, when my mom cleans it shines! I can use the same product, the same cloth, the same scrubbing pressure and it can never measure up to the magic my mom has when it comes to cleaning.
4. My mom is very generous, she will not let you go hungry, or paint a room by yourself, she will give you jewellery every time you visit and she’ll buy socks, undershirts, and underwear for no particular occasion.
3. My mom knows every new track on the radio, not just reggae or soca, but rock ballads, pop, and Michael Bublé…lol
2. My mom is finally embracing technology! Last year, for her birthday, I bought her a tablet. She told me to return it because she said I was trying to push technology on her! LOL! I didn’t return it, but kept in my closet waiting for her to conquer her fear of the Internet. This weekend she asked about the tablet (not knowing I still had it); I went home and brought it back to her. I taught her how to turn it on and watch YouTube. We viewed and laughed our heads off together at the following videos:
Dating a Jamaican – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBYSnvLfZVo
Jamaican Comedy Cartoon (Vending Machine) – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3kZIgPTI5k
Sweet Brown (Ain’t Nobody Got Time for That!) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFEoMO0pc7k – Autotune Remix!
*Now my mom wants to activate a cell phone! UPDATE: My mom has a Blackberry!
1. My mom celebrated her 60th Birthday this weekend! She has zero wrinkles and I’m not exaggerating, I would post a picture of her, but she would kill me! Hence the picture of me above (as a consolation) and a home-made Sri Lankan Ribbon Birthday Cake pictured below…oh sooo good!
HAPPY 60TH BIRTHDAY MOM!
Here’s the recipe. Thank me later 🙂
***Bonus: My mom is single, so you know of any funny, kind-hearted men over the age of 55 who like Jamaican food, culture and women. Comment below 😉